I’ve created over 500 original videos, photos, and guides on how to change car fob batteries! It’s not the most exciting topic I know, but it’s been a labor of love to put together these guides.
There are hundreds of different types of key fobs in existence, and we are working our way through all the major car brands to give you in-depth tutorials for all of them.
UPDATE: As of April 2022, we have completed over 50% of car key fobs in the last three decades (90’s-2022). I hope to finish up the rest this year.
Below is our current list of brands for which we have crated battery change guides. We also have a guide to changing the battery in the Tile Mate and Tile Pro devices.
Battery Change Key Fob Guides by Brand w Videos
Popular Key Battery Guides
- Honda Accord Key Battery
- Honda Civic Key Battery
- BMW 3 Series Key Fob Battery
- BMW 5 Series Key Fob Battery
- BMW X3 Series Key Fob Battery
- BMW X5 Series Key Fob Battery
- Ford F-150 Key Fob Battery
- Ford Explorer Key Fob Battery
- Ford Escape Key Fob Battery
- Ford Mustang key fob battery
- Scion xB Key Fob Battery
- Hyundai Santa Fe Key Fob Battery
- Hyundai Elantra Key Fob Battery
Battery Change Key Fob Guides by Brand – Videos Coming Soon
Key Fob Replacements
Common Fob Batteries
The most popular car key fob battery is the CR2032. This is the most popular car key fob battery in the world. The numbers in the battery indicate the size of the battery in diameter (wide) and height (tall). So the 2032 battery is 20mm wide and 3.2mm tall. The C indicates a lithium chemistry battery. The R indicates the shape: Round.
Other common “button batteries” for key fobs include:
Generic How-To Guides
- How-to replace a battery in a key fob
- Changing a BMW Comfort Access key fob battery vs non Comfort Access
Make sure to subscribe to our popular YouTube channel.